Sertoma Hearing Aid Recycling Program

The Sertoma Hearing Aid Recycling Program helps needy individuals obtain hearing aids. Many of our clubs work with non-profit organizations, hospitals, or school districts in their area to fund hearing aids or other hearing and speech related needs. Clubs collect used hearing aids, have them refurbished, and distribute them to people in need. Participating clubs are listed below. If you do not see a club in your area go to our Hearing Aid Resources page to find other organizations with hearing aid programs.


The H.E.A.R. Project provides financial assistance to Colorado children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing and do not qualify for public funding. The H.E.A.R. Project provides funding for amplification, rehabilitation and associated services. Parents can apply for funding with the assistance of their audiologist. For more information visit

The Pikes Peak District SERTOMA clubs fund and administers the Hearing, Evaluation, and Assistance by the Rocky Mountain SERTOMANS (HEARS) in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This project provides audiology services and new hearing aids to the hearing impaired, low income persons in El Paso County. Qualification is based on federal income guidelines.  Used hearing aids are also collected and sent to a hearing aid company who removes the usable parts and the credited funds are used to repair client aids.  For more information, visit the website for more information and an application.


The Sertoma Clubs in Kansas collect used hearing aids to be refurbished and then provide them to needy elderly individuals in the area.

The Johnson County Sertoma Club supplies hearing aids for rent for infants in their first year of life. For more information contact: George Laliberte,


With the support of the Total Source for Hearing-loss and Access (TSHA), the Oklahoma District Sertoma Hearing Aid Recycling Program assists Oklahoma residents who need hearing aids by refurbishing donated hearing aids and fitting them for the individual in need. While preference is given to applicants who are 65 years and older, applications for children and other adults are reviewed on an individual basis if funds are available. For more information, including an application, go to, click on Services then Information and Referral and then SHARP. If you have further questions, contact: Kirsten Wilson, TSHA, 918-832-8742 or